The use of medicinal plants in cosmetology
Medicinal plants have a number of useful properties. That is why it is impossible to do without using them to maintain her youth and beauty.
However, before we proceed to the preparation of decoctions, infusions, lotions, it is first necessary to collect grass. In this case there are a few rules that should be followed. First, to collect grass you need to dew. Secondly, it is impossible to flatten them tightly. Thirdly, only dry them under shade. Fourth, to wash herbs before drying is not necessary (except roots). And finally, store the dried raw material only in paper.
If there is no opportunity to collect and dry medicinal plants, you can just buy them at the pharmacy.
What is the impact on the skin of various medicinal herbs?
• Calendula reduces inflammation, nourishes the skin. Used in the removal of warts and calluses, as well as in the treatment of acne, for hair growth and strengthen them, while oily dandruff. To prepare the ointment for the removal of corns and warts, you need 1 tablespoon of herbs to brew 100 g of boiling water and cook for about 2 hours. For scalp apply alcohol tincture of calendula in combination with castor oil in a ratio of 10. 1.
• St. John’s wort is used for oily problem skin, acne, and bruises. Gotovtseva and aqueous solutions, which impose on the face and remove the appearance of heat. You can also prepare alcohol tincture for hair care. Here’s how: 1 tbsp dry herbs infuse for 7 days at 100 mg of alcohol. Upon the expiry of the period of the infusion, and wipe your scalp several times a week. If your hair is dry, the infusion prepared with 20° alcohol if grease – 50°.
• Lime color contains tannins. Prepare broth at the rate of 10 – 12 g of lime blossom 100 g of water.
• As a water decoction in the treatment of gums and to reduce sweating used oak bark . also contains tannins.
• In cosmetology widely used the leaves and buds of birch as lotions against dandruff and whitening dark spots. You can also use birch SAP to moisturize the pigmented areas of the skin several times a day for the purpose of bleaching.
• Arnica is used to stimulate hair growth. The infusion is prepared thus 12 g of Arnica pour 100 g of water and infuse for 8 days, after which the resulting mass strain and be diluted with water in proportion 1. 4. This composition is rubbed into the scalp. It regulates sebum secretion. You can use it for face wash for oily skin.
• Flax seed is used as a mask for dry skin, with cracked hands and heels, and also to prevent the appearance of wrinkles. 1 tbsp seed add 4 tbsp water, mix and boil for 10 minutes. Applied on cleansed skin.
• Widely used for hair care alcohol-based tincture and infusion of nettle leaves. To prepare 1 tbsp. l. dry leaves pour 200 g of boiling water and infused for 1 hour. Then filter and wring out the remains. Moisten your hair with this infusion after each washing head time 3 – 7 days for several months.
To prepare alcohol tincture, should be thoroughly washed fresh leaves of the nettles, rinse them with boiled water, chop, or mince, pour 90, 45 or 70 – degree alcohol (vodka) in a ratio of 1. 10, to insist 7 days in a tightly closed bottle. After the remains of the press and the infusion. If the preparation of infusions used 90° alcohol, before use, it should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1. 1. Tincture is used for rubbing the scalp a few times a week. It is a good remedy against hair loss, dandruff and seborrhea oleosa.
• Excellent tool stimulate hair growth and strengthen them is a decoction of burdock roots. Take 10 – 20 g of finely crushed dried roots of burdock, pour them 200 mg of water and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. After that, a little to insist without heating, cool and strain. RUB a decoction of the roots of the hair after shampooing several times a week with their loss, itching and dandruff, oily seborrhea. With the same purpose, apply burdock oil and ointment from burdock root.
It should be remembered that the roots of burdock harvested in early spring or late autumn because at this time of year they are most succulent. Plants whose roots are to be used, must be 1 year that are not yet in bloom. Dug roots are washed, cleaned, cut into small pieces and dried in a warm place.
• For cleaning and toning aging skin applied tincture of Valerian rhizome with roots.
• To improve growth and prevent baldness is used infusion of herbs knotweed (10 – 15 g of herb per Cup of water). Taking it orally 20 g 3 times daily before meals, or rubbed into the scalp and hair. The procedure is performed daily. Course – 15-20 procedures. A month can be repeated.
Particularly noteworthy is the effectiveness of medicinal plants in comparison with ready-made cosmetic products. However, you need to apply them with caution, making sure that this plant does not cause allergies.